- In response to the Government guideliness we have reviewed our processes and procedures as the Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation continues to evolve.
As a result, access to our data centres will be by appointment only, we request that where you can, please utilise the remote hands services we have available and that datacentre access should be reserved for essential works only.
We understand that only you can define what is essential to keep your business running effectively and safely, but essential works are typically:
- Fixing a service impacting fault at the site
- Expanding capacity where lack of capacity is causing major issues
- Changes to infrastructure to support home working
- Loading a tape library to ensure successful backups can be continued
Appointments for site visits are limited to two persons, and should last no more than two hours. UK Servers engineers will not be able to provide any persons visiting site with any tools or other equipment or assist with racking any customer equipment.
All persons visiting site will have their temperature checked on entry, are required to wear a face covering unless they have a medical exception and will have to complete a screening questionaire before access is allowed to the facility.
All access requests need to be raised via the customer control panel or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and should detail the requested site, your proposed date and time of attendance. A member of the UK Servers team will then be in touch to confirm the appointment or discuss alternative, suitable options if the requested time is not available.
Should you arrive onsite without an approved appointment, or appropiate face covering then access will not be permitted.